In Elite Gamer v1.5.3, you may notice some changes in your connection. To eliminate any issues with matchmaking your connections will be direct with Modern Warfare and Cold War (Warzone is unaffected). We plan to release further optimization in a future update. Instead of using your direct connection, we strongly recommend that you manually define your server selection, we've included instructions below on how to set this up!
If you are looking to play Warzone, make sure you are launching Modern Warfare and be sure to choose the Call of Duty: Warzone config ID. This option will pop up after clicking on Play Now.
MODERN WARFARE AND COLD WAR
Here's how to define your server route with Elite Gamer when playing in Multiplayer matches. When setting this up, it's strongly recommended to leave the second server option blank. Predefining the Game Server can lead to worse performance if your games connect to a different server.
- Make sure that your game is closed and disconnect any active connections in Elite Gamer.
- Navigate to your Games Library (second icon on your left menu).
- Find the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Cold War.
- Once you've selected your game, click on the ⚙️ right above Run Performance Test and ⚡ Play Now.
- The first field will be your location as listed by your IP address's registration. If this information is incorrect, don't fret. This location isn't used by game developers or Elite Gamer when optimizing your connection.
- The first drop-down you see will be Elite Gamer's first server. Using the map, find a server that is located close to your physical location. There are few servers to choose from sorted by ping here, so be sure to look at your options, as not every server listed is present on the map. It's recommended that you try a few options to see what server is giving you the best performance.
- The second drop-down is intended for selecting a server that is close to the game server. Call of Duty uses a cloud service like AWS and Google for its games, so nailing down the precise location will be challenging. It's best to leave this option blank and let Elite Gamer handle analyzing the connection.
- After making your selection, click Confirm.
- Once you're back in your Games Library, Click on Play Now.