There is a known issue with using Elite Gamer and Call of Duty, causing delayed/endless matchmaking. We are diligently working on getting it resolved as a top priority. In the meantime, we have a few workarounds you can use to get back in action.
If you are looking to play Warzone, make sure you are launching Modern Warfare and not Black Ops Cold War. If you launch Call of Duty: BOCW, then try to play Warzone, the application will close and open Modern Warfare. Currently, Elite Gamer doesn't have the ability to switch the connection to MW after starting the connection to BOCW, but we are working on getting this addressed!
Try this method first. Keep in mind that the times listed are during peak game activity. If you are running into this issue when the game population is low or queuing for less popular game modes, you may need to extend these times by a small amount.
- After searching for 3 minutes or more, leave the matchmaking queue.
- Wait in the menu for 15-30 seconds (You could use this time to kit out your classes or player card!)
- After waiting, reenter the queue.
If you are still running into the same issue, move on to Manual Server Selections.
MANUAL SERVER SELECTION
After trying the re-queue workaround, you can try using a manual server selection.
- Make sure that your game is closed and disconnect any active connections in Elite Gamer.
- Navigate to your Games Library (second icon on your left menu).
- Find the Call of Duty game you'd like to play. If you'd like to play Warzone, make sure to select Modern Warfare.
- Once you've selected your game, in the Game Details section, click Override. This will be above the Play Now button.
- The first field will be your location as listed by your IP address's registration. If this information is incorrect, don't fret. This information isn't always up to date, but this has no impact on your connection performance.
- The first drop-down you see will be Elite Gamer's first server. Using the map, find a server that is located close to your physical location. There is most likely a few servers to choose from; feel free to try a few of these out to see what gives you the best performance.
- The second drop-down is intended for selecting a server that is close to the game server. Call of Duty uses cloud infrastructure and physical locations aren't known to the public. It's best to leave this option blank and let Elite Gamer handle analyzing the connection.
- After making your selection, click Confirm.
- Once you're back in your Games Library, Click on Play Now.